The plant accountant is responsible for oversight/audit of the recording of transactions to the Ross ERP system by plant personnel to ensure that data is accurate and complete and done on a timely basis. This includes material labor and overhead reporting on a job/batch basis as well as timely closing of jobs on a daily basis. This position will also assist in other accounting department duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review all jobs ready for close, run variance reports daily and investigate variances that are outside tolerances that will be established by the CFO. Final close all jobs on a daily basis.
- Review daily labor reporting to batch jobs vs hours recorded through the payroll timekeeping system to make sure that all hours are being properly accounted for.
- Review daily machine time reporting to jobs to make sure data entered to the system is accurate and reconciles with labor reporting.
- Make sure that bulk ingredients are properly accounted for (issued to jobs) so that inventory and spoilage can be properly recorded.
- Review inventory adjustment entries daily to ensure accuracy and proper recording.
- Do semiweekly or weekly random cycle counts of inventory items to check the accuracy of inventory balance
- Assist CFO in the gathering, organizing and reporting of departmental KPIs on a monthly basis for reporting to the executive team.
- Serve as backup, cross trained for other department functions including AP, AR, GL in case of absence for vacations etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO or Accounting Manager.
- Prepare performance reports/charts/graphs from production data for management review.
- Analyze data for trends and improvement opportunities.
Essential Job Requirements:
B.A. in accounting or finance from an appropriately accredited university.
Some manufacturing accounting experience desired.
Knowledge of accounting principles and PC spreadsheet software. Good communication skills and strong analytical abilities. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to work in other departments, including on the plant floor, to gather needed information to perform job requirements.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as required by law. Some job requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. NEW OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, AS APPLICABLE, IS ON AN “AT-WILL” BASIS.