The Production Blender Operator is responsible for operating all equipment used in the production of finished goods in accordance with process and quality standards to meet production schedules assigned. They will perform production activities and operate production equipment in accordance with BRC requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), as well as all Illes SOP’s, Quality standards and time sequences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check raw materials, containers and label information against batch sheet for RM number, weight/quantity, and lot #.
- Notify team leader or supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Add materials in sequence per batch instruction. Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Train and acquire skills to work on small blenders, while filling at a standard rate for each scheduled batch.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Report equipment malfunctions to team leaders, supervisor or maintenance staff
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Stack finished containers on pallets per specifications.
- Train and acquire skills to use RiteTime software to accurately punch in make and fill times on the batch sheet.
- Train and acquire skills to use ROSS software to accurately enter inputs and outputs for each batch.
- Clean and maintain equipment, using hand tools in accordance with health and safety standards
- Check screens and magnets after filling and document information on batch sheet.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Move raw materials to production tanks and move finished goods to warehouse.
- Safely operate production processing, packaging and powered industrial equipment.
- Maintain appropriate and professional written and verbal communication.
- Ensure that food safety, legality, integrity and quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this position for scheduled shifts.
Essential Job Requirements:
High School or Equivalent or the ability to obtain same within specified time.
Product blending preferred. Food Industry experience.
- Ability to learn and become forklift certified; may not be forklift certified yet.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Adherence to policy, procedure and attendance requirements
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Flexibility - Able to handle pressure and change
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Operation Monitoring — Watching HMI screens, gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Read, speak, and write fluent English
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Teamwork -work closely with all departments in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to crouch and bend
- Ability to handle 55-gallon drums after training
- Ability to lift 100# with assistance
- Ability to lift 50# continuously
- Ability to stand continuously
- Ability to tilt over and pour out up to 500# with assistance
- Bend, stoop, climb, reach above shoulders, crouch, push and pull frequently
- Use feet, hands, wrists, arms, shoulders constantly.
- Work while standing on a 7-step ladder with rails.
- Temperature variation of 55 to 110 degrees
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as required by law. Some job requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. NEW OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, AS APPLICABLE, IS ON AN “AT-WILL” BASIS.