Performs daily cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment. Assist in the inspections of facilities to ensure that sanitation standards are being met by all departments. Performs other tasks and duties as deemed appropriate to the function by the Sanitation Manager.
Position is responsible for helping to break down the equipment, clean the equipment, sanitize and stage the equipment.
• Assist in maintaining the sanitation level of facilities and equipment at inspection ready level at all times. Maintain MSS and other documentation as assigned.
• Clean and sanitize processing equipment to control bacteria count readings below specified levels.
• Responsible for performing tasks according to the plant Master Cleaning Schedule.
• Take inventory of sanitation supplies.
• Responsible for basic troubleshooting of all Sanitation equipment.
• Maintain work area in a safe and orderly fashion according to GMP and Safety guidelines.
• Perform any other related miscellaneous duties assigned by Lead person.
• Train in sanitation, proper use of equipment, personal safety and company policies, as well as other areas of the plant as assigned.
• Train new employees and/or temporary employees on required skill sets.
• Operate forklifts, Floor Cleaning and other equipment as necessary to performance of assigned duties.
• Recommend opportunities for continuous program improvement.
• Follow all safety rules & procedures to prevent harm to others and self as well as to avoid damaging equipment and facilities.
• Each employee is responsible for ensuring food safety, legality and quality standards are maintained at all times in their area.
• This position also requires that you work some weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: High School Degree or equivalent. (Alternate 3 years’ experience as sanitor in food processing environment).
EXPERIENCE: 1 year experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Ability to learn how to use a Forklift, if not already Forklift certified.
Ability and drive to work in a fast -paced environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling equipment. You will always be lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 60 lbs. and occasionally you will be pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping.
Non-Exempt * Full-Time * Company Temp to Perm
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as required by law. Some job requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. NEW OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, AS APPLICABLE, IS ON AN “AT-WILL” BASIS.