Sanitation Team Lead, 3rd shift
Working lead position who directs, coordinates and participates in maintaining the facilities according to the standards of a food processing operation. Supervises and participates in the daily cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment. Maintains current SSOP’s and trains employees in cleaning practices. Maintains a master Sanitation Schedule. Conducts daily inspections of facilities to ensure that sanitation standards are being met by all departments. Maintains inventory and orders sanitation/janitorial supplies. Supervises Janitorial staff. Writes work orders for maintenance as pertinent to the function. Write performance appraisals and counsel team members in regard to any personnel issues. Performs other tasks and duties as deemed appropriate to the function by Management.
1. Maintain sanitation level of facilities and equipment at inspection ready level at all times.
2. Oversee and participate in the cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment to control bacteria count readings below specified levels.
3. Develop and audit Food Safety Program in conjunction with the manager of Quality Assurance in order to pass third party (BRC, AIB, Silliker, Cooke & Thurber, etc) and customer audits, preferably in the Superior range.
4. Requisition cleaning chemicals, supplies and equipment via company purchasing policies.
5. Actively investigate opportunities for continuous program improvement.
6. Complete and report on daily inspections of facility for sanitation. Maintain MSS and other documentation as required or necessary.
7. Train employees in sanitation, proper use of equipment, personal safety and company policies.
8. Perform administrative duties as required (eg. Time cards, vacation scheduling, disciplinary actions, etc.)
9. Each employee is responsible for ensuring food safety, legality and quality standards are maintained at all times in their area.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree or certification in Sanitation or in a scientific/engineering field. (High School diploma with minimum five years experience as team leader or higher position in Food Sanitation acceptable).
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year’s experience as Team Leader or higher position in food processing sanitation. (Alternately five or more years experience as a Sanitarian in Dairy, Meat, or Agricultural Produce Processing industries.)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must have (or be able to obtain within first year) Sanitation certification.
Must be able to be Forklift Certified
Must be able speak, read, and write English fluently.
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Able to work in wet and/or dusty-dirty environments.
Ability to lift 50 lbs (over 50 lbs with assistance).
Ability to climb ladders, walk catwalks, and work in high places.
Ability to crouch, bend and perform work above shoulder level.
Must have good vision and hearing.
Non-Exempt * Full-Time * Permanent
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an all inclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as required by law. Some job requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT AND CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT AS APPLICABLE, IS ON AN “AT-WILL” BASIS.