The Warehouse Specialist A will be responsible for all movement and activities associated with raw materials and finished goods per safety, GMP, and BRC standards. Must be familiar with all computer procedures related to shipping and receiving. Keep warehouse, common areas and outside areas cleaned and maintained. Willingly participate in all work‐related programs and contribute to continuous improvement programs and perform any duties assigned by management.
Essential Job Functions:
- The accurate receipt of all raw materials or the accurate shipment of all finished goods.
- Drive company vehicle.
- Basic knowledge of required Ross ERP System transactions.
- Maintain good work habits and GMP practices.
- Ability to maintain forklift certification.
- Must have good math and organizational skills.
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible to cross‐train in other departments within the company.
- Finished product verification of all items in transit to warehouse facility.
- Batch verification of all items in transit to and from all production facilities
- Bulk staging and or breakout staging of material for jobs in production.
- Maintain appropriate and professional written and verbal communication.
- Ensure that food safety, legality, integrity and quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Regular attendance for scheduled shifts is a requirement of this position.
Essential Job Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 2 years warehouse experience required. Food industry experience preferred.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use keyboard and calculator, see, hear, read, learn, and speak.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as required by law. Some job requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. NEW OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, AS APPLICABLE, IS ON AN “AT-WILL” BASIS.